Friday, August 5, 2011

Review of Incarceron by Catherine Fisher

  
   This story begins in the depths of a prison unlike any other.  It is completely metal and has a mind of its own, literally.  Within the prison the government or lack there of leads to anarchy, with different groups who steal from one another to get what they want.  Simply put life in Incarceron is not ideal.  With the end of each chapter the book the phases.  Claudia is the Warden of Incarceron's daughter, who lives a life of luxury.  Although the technology is very futuristic, Claudia's world lives under protocol of the medieval times, this way the people in power remain in power.  Claudia is jealous of her father's constant   absence because of the prison and is set on finding it.  Claudia sets on this journey not really prepared for what she finds out.

   Incarceron is a book with many levels.  If you are wanting a simple read, this is not the book for you.  It goes back and forth between the two main characters with each chapter making it difficult to really process.  The book starts out ok but very confusing, within the first twenty pages I hardly knew what was going on.  I will say honestly that was a really big problem for me.  The book didn't hold my interest  at all and was boring for most of the book.  I would say that out of the 442 pages only 40 of them really had me intrigued to know what was going to happen next.  In addition I didn't like the ending.  It was kinda anti-climatic and did finish tying up all the loose ends I wish it would have explained.  But I guess that leaves it open to a sequel that I will more than likely not read.

   Overall I would rate this book about 2 out of 5.  It lacked the interest I need to keep me enveloped in a book.  I probably wouldn't recommend this book to anyone, it really wasn't one I enjoyed but finished it anyway because I am the type of person that can't put a book down once I have started it.  I have to give it the benefit of the doubt that it will get better eventually.  This one did for a little bit, but honestly wasn't worth my time.

Have you read the book?? Leave your comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment